Sunday 9 March 2014

Dust

We have a chap who is primarily a carpenter, but is also one of those rarest of rare shy woodland creatures:

-          Good at just about anything from building a bathroom / wall / kitchen / doing the electrics / plumbing / plastering / painting /gutter clearing, to  putting up a toilet roll holder
-          Completely honest
-          Completely reliable
-          Not expensive
-          Never stops for a break except for 30 mins for lunch max
-          Does not particularly like chatting
-          Does what he says he’ll do when he says he’ll do it

BUT he moves around the planet in a miasma of dust. It does not matter how large or small the job is, when he’s gone, everything is covered in dust. My brother-in-law had him in just to do something in the garden: he never even went in the house, but he swears there was a thin patina of dust over everything in the house nonetheless., and I believed him

Had him in last week to take out a window and build a wall. Usually, if he’s doing something, I am at work so miss the worst of the dust, but being retired I got the full force. I knew he was about to arrive on the first day, as I suddenly got grit in my mouth just before he rang the bell.

I am on supper duty every day now of course, so that evening I made

Spaghetti Carbonara with grated plaster
Grit & Green Salad

and to drink a very good Chilean Merlot with a brick dust chaser

No comments:

Post a Comment