Wednesday 13 January 2016

The very definition of luxury



Just in case you have missed the news, Monday at noon at the Wood Green Vue Cinema Complex is The Seniors' Club, where you can get a ticket for a movie (we saw The Intern), a cup of tea and a biscuit for the very reasonable sum of £3.29, providing you are over 60.


Me and the missus went along with ID





but the ticket chappie took one look at us and handed over tickets, tea, and shortbread without batting an eyelid.  I mean, he could at least have looked a bit doubtful couldn't he?


So in we stumbled with about 20 other zombies, settled down in our very comfy seat, sipped our tea, and unwrapped a delicious and very buttery shortbread biscuit. A little crumbly, but you can't have everything.


As I sat back and watched the adverts, I felt I was at a roman orgy



I say Caligula, pass the Hob Nobs







No comments:

Post a Comment