Sunday 22 March 2015

Cornish Geezers

Went to a local cafe/restaurant/clubbish type place for an evening of vegetarian food and Cornish folk singing.


Here they are


To their credit, they did not pretend to be anything else other than a pub-choir, and they weren't half bad, but this was only in comparison to the food, which I did not eat. The smell and look were enough to put off any carbon-based life form.

I did however, manage to get down a pint of cider, and two pints of Stella, which is two pints more than I can usually drink (I have an elf's capacity for booze)


Just a Babycham shandy for me please

My party then made our excuses and left, searching for something edible, which we found in a hostelry not far from home

...table by the band please...

Had a very acceptable supper.

Next morning woke up feeling unaccountably awful, until it dawned on me that, for the first time since a teenager, I had had three pints and a doner the night before.



No comments:

Post a Comment