Monday 11 May 2015

How to make a good impression

Went for my first job interview for 38 years this morning.
Actually, it wasn't really a job interview. It was to see someone about the possibility of applying for some part time consulting, but it was a big deal for me, and I had to go to a proper office in the City and everything.

So I put on the Good Shirt. Filed my nails. Trimmed my nose hair.


That's more like it.

The whole nine yards. I looked...presentable.

Hell, more than presentable.


Ermmmm...


NOW you're talking

So off  I go, shiny shoes, decent coat.

I'm sitting in the foyer, and the person I am supposed to see comes over. I get up, big smile. I grab my coat.

By the bottom

And the following items spill out across the highly polished marble floor

About £20 in small change, echoing across the atrium like a Vegas slot machine paying out top dollar

I am going to need a lot more than this to make me look attractive

A used kleenex

Classy

A chewing gum wrapper, wrapped poorly around a huge lump of gum I had been chewing

lovely

A pair of sunglasses which I promptly trod on

Oh Joy

...and a lipstick. Actually, it was a Lypsyl, but it looked like a lipstick.

Arse

2 comments:

  1. did you get the job then :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she was very polite and enthusiastic, but have yet to hear back, so I suspect not!

      Delete