Tuesday 17 May 2016

Pilates

I have a rather embarrassing confession.

I have taken up pilates.

I had a hip replacement a couple of years ago and it has never been right. I mean the joint is OK, but my muscles have never regained their strength properly, mainly due to the lack of intensive physiotherapy I should have got after the op, but because I had it done privately, they essentially chuck you out the door as soon as they've got their cash, and clearly there's not much money in physio stuff.


 
Oh, so you think the world owes you some physiotherapy, just because you've had your hip replaced on private medical insurance do you? Why, you're just a miserable rotten little jumped up middle class loser. You're lucky we didn't take your leg off in part payment.
Get out, and don't come back until you've given us some more money...

I'm OK walking when I get going, but if I'm shuffling round an art gallery, I have more in common with



than


So despite my  Retirement Pledge, I thought I'd give it a go.

But not in a class


Hello Mr S and welcome to your first lesson. We'll start off by ridiculing you in front of all these bendy young people.

Oh no. This is just me and the instructor in the comfort of my own home.

I've had my first lesson, which was mostly spent trying to figure out how I was going to get down on the floor.


A hearty congratulations from my pilates instructor as I finally make it to the floor.

My first homework task is to stand on a spikey ball until it hurts


Here you are love. We'll start you off with a small one



No comments:

Post a Comment