Thursday 31 July 2014

Sourdough Bread

We have a very nice bakery in our area



and they seem to do all their baking on site. And you can get a nice cup of coffee. All jolly good stuff. Highly recommended. If you go there on a saturday at 8.00am and it's full of nice blokes, guardian under their arm, stocking up on almond croissants.

They also make a particularly nice sourdough loaf.

APPARENTLY

Went in there at 3.00pm last Monday to get said sourdough loaf.

"Ooh no, we don't make sourdough on Monday anymore: no call for it"

"Really? Well, here I am, calling for it"

"Er..haha. We'll have it tuesday"

Haha my arse.

Next day I go in at 3.00pm, quivering with excitement



Sourdough bread, here we come!!

"No, sold out."

"What? What do you mean sold out? You said you'd have it tuesday"

"We did. We had it earlier, but it sold out."

"Well what time do I have to get here?"

"Best to come first thing"

"But...but you're open all day!"

"Well most people get it as they go to work. Before it runs out"

"But I don't go to work. I've retired!"


C'mon boy: walkies!!

"All I can tell you is we usually run out really quickly, especially as we don't make them on Monday any more."

"Well why don't you make more loaves if it gets sold out so early?"

"There's no call for it. You're about the tenth person I've told today"

A BADUM  TISHHHHH

She didn't actually say that, but she might as well have. 

Looks like I'll have to mix with...ugh...commuters to avoid disappointment.

Arse.



Oh Laura, I've been such a fool. Can you ever forgive me? I...I've missed out on the sourdough again. 

1 comment:

  1. "No comments" then "Post a Comment"
    THAT would have been good enough even for your brain!

    ReplyDelete