Saturday 24 January 2015

PhD in recycling

Most people would consider me to be of reasonable, if not above average intelligence, but I CANNOT figure out this ridiculous recycling rubbish rubbish. My kitchen looks like the back of the Tesco Car park.

Picture of our front doorstep on bin collecting day. As you can see, we had an "at home" the previous evening

Does the banana skin go in the compost bin, the raw food bin, the weekly or fortnightly recycling waste bin?

What about the cooked/raw meat? How about that plastic bottle? Is it recyclable or unrecyclable plastic? Can I tell without a mass spectrometer?

I empty some mince into a saucepan and attempt to throw away the tray it was in, which is made of a synthetic yet undefinable material. "No not in there!" says the missus angrily, "that's the polyethylene terephthalate weekly recycling box! Put it in the Polyvinyl chloride every alternate thursday except if there's a full moon box. Honestly, how many times do I have to tell you?"

I bet Bruce Willis doesn't have to put up with this shit

I wonder if this should go in the scrap metal or household appliances recycling bin? I'd better just ring the council.

No comments:

Post a Comment