Saturday 29 November 2014

Good Samaritan my Arse

So I'm striding along, making my way to Finsbury Park from Islington and I've got up a head of steam

It's windy. There are a lot of leaves piling up on the pavement

Up ahead I see a LOL (little old lady) pushing her shopping cart along the pavement and as I approach she's trying to get it through a huge drift of leaves.


Anyone seen Prince?

Chance to be a good samaritan I think, so as I pass her, I heft up the wheelie shopping cart and pull it over the drift of leaves. It seems extremely heavy, and as I look back I see she's still attached, holding on for grim death, knuckles white amongst the liver spots.

"I need that to steady myself - let go at once!" she barks out.



You wanna give me my shopping trolley back any time soon?

I instantly put her back on the pavement, and wander off mumbling an apology.

Little Old Ladies? I'd rather face the Nazi hordes.



No comments:

Post a Comment