Tuesday 9 December 2014

Carfree!

As mentioned previously, getting rid of our car.

Guy coming to take it away for scrap scheduled for this morning, so last night we took all the stuff out of the boot: windbreak, wellies, canvas chairs, old maps, thermos dating back to the Black Death.

Also cleared out the cassettes from the glove compartment.


...and that's just from the dashboard

Still looked pretty grim in there this morning, so I tidied up as best I could, wiped the mould off the steering wheel (haven't driven it for about 6 weeks), swept the water out, and attempted to scrape off the moss from the back seat. I know it's going for scrap, but thought I'd make the journey for the scrap chap as comfy as possible.

Anyway, the chap turns up and of course he's not going to drive it: he's got a fecking great big flatbed truck, with one car already on it. I couldn't work out how he was going to fit my car on as well, until he opens both windows of my car, swings over a great big grabber thing, grabs the car, swings it onto his truck, and CRUNNNCCH wedges it down next to the other car, squashing them both and he's off.

Carfree/insurance free/tax free/service free/petrol free/trafficjam free/roadrage free/ pointsonthelicense free at last!

    
Picture of me drying off having gone for a farewell drive in the car

No comments:

Post a Comment