Sunday 19 July 2015

Cossacks

Talking to my son a couple of weeks ago about his upcoming Graduation Ceremony at Cambridge. Now I don't know much about these things but apparently there is a choice as to what the students can wear for their graduation, and my son was explaining the options

"...one of the options is a cossack."

I instantly thought, well you've got to hand it to these ancient institutions, they are nothing if not kinky. "Brilliant!" I said, "go for it! Can't wait to see you in the furlined boots, silk blouson, and peasant jerkin. You'd better start growing the moustache."


Yes, I've just been awarded a bachelor of arts in media studies

"Eh? I've got a picture of the uniform. I'll email it over if you like. Tell me if you think I should go for it."

This is what he sent me




No comments:

Post a Comment