Tuesday 14 July 2015

Minions

Monday afternoon, and me, the missus, the mother in law and a friend, went to see The Minions Movie. Our ages ranged from 57 to 86




I got to the cinema before the others so bought the tickets.

"4 for The Minions please, including one concession" I say to the ticket office lady.

"Thank you, that's three adults and one child, That'll be..."

"No, the concession is an OAP."

"Oh, OK, One OAP and how many children?"

"Ummm....none."

"So...three adults and one OAP."

"Yes."

"No kids."

"Umm...no."

"To see The Minions?"

"Yyyyes."



"What? Can't a bunch of old people see The Minions without a pack of kids trailing behind?" I say indignantly.

"Of course Sir. It's just that the concession gets a free Minion face mask"

"Oh, OK, great. Errr... that would be my mother-in-law." I look around desparately for her, but no one else has arrived yet.

The lady gives me a knowing smile

"Of course it is Sir. Well, why don't you look after it for her till she arrives?" she says, handing over the Minion Mask.

Just pass me my pince-nez will you dear?

"I will. Thank you. She'll be here any second."

"Uh-huh."

I don't care. The film was GREAT. A little long, but the characters were played with gusto and verve.

A whimsical spoof on contemporary mores



No comments:

Post a Comment